Welcome to Our World-Building blog


Welcome! We weave dreams, some dark, some not, but all fantastic.

We are authors of Fantasy, Romance, and much more. Enter our infinite worlds....

On this blog, our visitors will find advice and opinion from published authors on much more than just world-building. We'll tell you in Craft and Opinion posts what we do, how we do it, and what we think works for us.

Authors with A-names post on the 1st of each month, B-names post on the 2nd, C-names on the 3rd etc.
The 29th, 30th, and 31st are free-for-all days.




Friday, September 5, 2008

What's an artist?

I dunno. I consider my fiction art. I consider some of my completely practical and necssary interpersonal skills art, but I've never considered my painting art or respond when I'm called an artist in that fashion. What does that say about my personality?


Hi, I'm Grayson Reyes-Cole and as you may have guessed, I'm a fantasy author. But sometimes, when what I'm writing turns to gibberish before my very eyes, I take a break to paint. It's very theraputic for me, and half my work comes out completely abstract. The other half is usually flowers.


Above is something I painted on Sunday while I listened to my visiting mother discuss all the things she would write about in a blog, but refuse to set one up. *sigh*. It's a bit difficult to tell in the pic, but I'm most please with the vibrant colors in the background. I'm calling it Through the Clouds on a Sunny Day. There are some more pics on my site on the art page. Stop by check them out and the art archives.
In October, I think I'm going to give away some art in celebration of Bright Star's release. Do you think that works for a contest prize?


Grayson Reyes-Cole
Bright Star
When evil is done for the greater good, a price must always be paid.
http://www.graysonreyescole.com/
Share/Bookmark

No comments: