Halloween Internet Event!!
It's time to read about bumping the things in the night.
48 Hours of Halloween
The All Saints' Day Event
D. Renee Bagby Presents First Chapters
30 Oct, 12:01 AM EST - 01 Nov, 10:01 AM EST
Every hour, one minute past the hour, starting 30 October at 12:01 AM EST the D. Renee Bagby Presents First Chapters blog will drop a new romance first chapter. Vampires, shapeshifters, witches, demons, angels, and other such Halloween creatures are the theme of this event.
- Book Cover posters
- Free books/e-books
***GRAND PRIZE (only ONE winner for all three days):
- Those who comment on all 59 posts are entered to win a $50 e-gift card to Amazon, Borders, Barnes & Noble, or All Romance eBooks (winner's choice).
***How to Win:
- Leave a comment. The more posts on which you comment, the more chances you have to win. (Note: Multiple comments on one post from one person only count as one entry.)
- Include your name and/or email on each comment for notification purposes.
- All comments received PRIOR to 02 November 12:01 AM EST are entered to win. Winners announced 02 November ON THE BLOG -- that means you have to check back to see if you won.
- Winners have TWO (2) days from the date of notification to claim their prize (deadline - 04 November, Thursday).
*** Permission to forward granted ***
Friday, October 29, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
Recently, I have been blessed with some really good news for my writing career. I have a new contract for my contemporary, interracial romance Inside Out coming to a bookstore near you in June 2011. I have a couple of novels The Prescription Playboy and The Builder with Lyrical Press, Inc, that I truly enjoyed writing and have been well received by reviewers. It's all very exciting and I am happy and grateful.
Now, though, the pressure is on (internal pressure applied to me by me, lol)to get back to something more dark and meaty and fantastic! My debut novel, Bright Star, is dark fantasy and it is twisted and it was a little sexy and I was in love with it. The follow up novel, Domina, however, is still here on my laptop, awaiting some final edits and tweaks. It's calling to me, beckoning even. And the longer I do not respond, the more it feels as if I've abandoned the line. I haven't, but, alas, I am swept up in a maelstrom of successful contemporary romance.
Don't get me wrong, I love my contemporary romance or I wouldn't write it. I adore it. But, I also adore dark and thoughtful fantasy. So, what's a girl to do?
Not sleep, I think. It's probably best that I stay awake as long as possible and perhaps cut half my day into contemporary romance and the other half into fantasy? Think that'll work? No? Not so feasible? OK, so maybe not.
My real plan is to complete one more contemporary romance then focus on completing Domina, getting it published. But first, you may want to read Bright Star to get prepared for the second book which delves deeper into a source of evil we can all understand: good intentions. Look for it next year!
Stop by and read about Bright Star here. Read more about me here. Hang out at my blog here. Friend me on Facebook here. Reply to this post if you share my dilemma or have a recommendation for me.
Posted by Grayson Reyes-Cole at 4:33 AM
Labels: grayson reyes-cole; grayson cole; bright star; inside out; fantasy; dark; urban; interracial romance