Welcome to Our World-Building blog


Welcome! We weave dreams, some dark, some not, but all fantastic.

We are authors of Fantasy, Romance, and much more. Enter our infinite worlds....

On this blog, our visitors will find advice and opinion from published authors on much more than just world-building. We'll tell you in Craft and Opinion posts what we do, how we do it, and what we think works for us.

Authors with A-names post on the 1st of each month, B-names post on the 2nd, C-names on the 3rd etc.
The 29th, 30th, and 31st are free-for-all days.




Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Getting Reviewed

Being published carries with it some surprising responsibilities.

To that end some of us sign up for Google Alerts, so we are notified when someone mentions our titles or our names. It's not vanity, honestly. Sometimes it's the only notice we get that a review has been posted, or that a new vendor is selling our books... or that a pirate is giving it away.

I've also learned a great many really nifty chess tactics, and not a few quite good chess jokes from my Google Alerts. (If you didn't know, all my titles are taken from chess positions or moves.)

Today, I discovered a potential goldmine of bloggers who review because I saw the King Rat's notice about my giveaway on LASR, and clicked his link. King Rat has a page full of links to other bloggers who love books.


Free Books - 19 August 2008
By King Rat
An ARC of Rowena Cherry’s Knight’s Fork from Long and Short Reviews, deadline not stated....
Rat's Reading - http://reading.kingrat.biz/


Clicking through from King Rat, to giveaway on LASR, to interview on LASR, I came to a new review of Knight's Fork, which I did know would be there, but I wanted to check on the comments.

Blurb

The Queen Consort of the Volnoth needs a sperm donor, and only one green-eyed god has the right stuff. Little does she know she has pinned all her hopes on the crown jewels of the fabled Royal Saurian Djinn. Not only is he the son of her greatest enemy, but he has taken a vow of chastity.


Snip from the LongAndShortReviews review

"Knight’s Fork has substance, intelligence, characters I really cared for and is a romantic tale with a satisfying HEA. I may not know much about chess but I know a good book when I read one and Knight’s Fork delivers the goods."

~LASR
http://www.longandshortreviews.com/LASR/0808/KnightsFork-RC.htm

Best wishes,

Rowena Cherry
Share/Bookmark

No comments: