Welcome to Our World-Building blog


Welcome! We weave dreams, some dark, some not, but all fantastic.

We are authors of Fantasy, Romance, and much more. Enter our infinite worlds....

On this blog, our visitors will find advice and opinion from published authors on much more than just world-building. We'll tell you in Craft and Opinion posts what we do, how we do it, and what we think works for us.

Authors with A-names post on the 1st of each month, B-names post on the 2nd, C-names on the 3rd etc.
The 29th, 30th, and 31st are free-for-all days.




Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Plant Next Door Wants To Eat Me

We have a triffid growing next door.

At least, I'm pretty sure it's a triffid. It kudzu-ed its way to domination of the neighbor's backyard and is now swelling up over the back garden wall. Scores of tentacles flail the air, seeking something to grip, entwine and overpower.

It's coming for my balcony. You can see the greedy little green fingers reaching out. And each day it's a little closer.

I think I'm going to have to take up arms against this sea of tendrils. Like some big pruning shears.

Although I don't know what sort of defense mechanisms it might possess. You know that scene from 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea where they fight the squid? What if I'm dragged off the balcony?

Wish me luck. I'm afraid.

- Susanne
Free Book Giveaway on GoodReads!
Share/Bookmark

No comments: